Monday, September 28, 2026

When things seem to be declining

 I was reminded by God this week that He is in charge.  Not in any one major event.  Not in a special urgent message or vision or anything like that.  But in the small things.  In the times when things did not seem to be going my way a reminder that even then God is in charge.  In the cold that I got that meant that I missed a Bible study but then got to spend a few extra moments talking with a friend that I might not have had if the sickness was not present.  It was the visit from the in-laws where I still was able to accomplish the tasks because I was not able to go with them due to the cold.  Of course I was not really excited to get the cold.  But the cold led to a few things I was not expecting - a few blessings that I was not expecting.  And sometimes that is the way we need to think - each difficulty is a chance for a blessing we were not looking for.  But we have to be willing to look for it!  May God help us see His glorious hand even when the events of our life are not ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.